A Better Tomorrow: Opportunities for artists and creatives!
Thu 15 Jun 2023
About Libraries Unlimited
Libraries Unlimited is a staff and community owned charity, established in April 2016. Our services and experiences are delivered through 54 public libraries across Devon and Torbay, four mobile libraries; FabLab Devon, the home library service and our Business and IP Centre Devon.
We are looking for innovative artists working across all disciplines to work with our libraries during season 3 (December 2023 - March 2024) of our creative programme. This programme will offer unique, high quality, thought-provoking workshops, performances, and creative discussion panels, events and activities to library communities.
You are invited to submit a proposal on the theme of ‘A Better Tomorrow’. Your proposal should be suitable for a variety of library locations across Devon and Torbay.
The deadline for submission is the Friday 30th of June
To submit your proposals please using the booking form below:
- Previous experience of delivering/facilitating creative activity
- Alignment with the values of Libraries Unlimited
- An interest in working with libraries in Devon and Torbay
- Experience of working with children, young people and under-served communities
- Willingness to contribute to evaluation and reporting
- Public liability insurance and current enhanced DBS
- Promotes and supports equity and inclusivity
- Engaging and thought provoking
- Contribution to range of art forms
- Proven quality of delivery
- Fits the brief (relevance to theme)
- Logistic viability
We know diversity fosters creativity and innovation. We are committed to equality of opportunity, to being fair and inclusive, and to creating spaces and events where all belong. We therefore particularly encourage applications from artists and creatives who are likely to be underrepresented in our communities, and/or from those whose work specifically seeks to engage audiences from underrepresented communities.
Deadline for submission: Friday 30th June
Artists informed and ‘A Better Tomorrow’ programme announced in late July.
If you have any questions please contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org